The history of Jesolo is synthesized in the names that have changed over time: Equilium, and finally Cavazuccherina Jesolo. The present territory in ancient times was a lagoon, in which the largest island was conquered by the Romans and called "Equilium" land of horses.
With the collapse of the Roman Empire, the inhabitants of Oderzo, to defend against barbarians, fled to the island of Eraclea and Jesolo Equilio they called. Later the city became part of the Venetian maritime entities who later gave birth to the Republic of Venice. Was done at the end of 1500, a major intervention of diversion of river Piave and Sile rivers with a canal that was built by engineer Zucharin who gave name to the new settlement, Cavazuccherina.
This name resisted the invasion of Napoleon and the Austrians, until 1930, when the Kingdom of Italy gave back the name of Jesolo. In the thirties there was the revival of Jesolo result was in fact the first establishment for the sun treatment with the first hotels and restaurants first. Currently, Jesolo has over 6 million tourists who spend their holidays in its beautiful beaches, participating in many shows organized, walking on the pedestrian longest d 'Europe. Jesolo offers attractions, entertainment, clubs, pubs, restaurants, shops and more... The choice is yours!